Sunday, September 6, 2015

Blockitect "Game" Expands

Today the concept for my Unity block game has expanded.  I recognized that there was no reason to limit it strictly to Ankerstein blocks, as incredible as they are.  Once that thought occurred to me, I began thinking about all types of building blocks that might be fun to play with in this virtual space.  First obviously, would be the Treehaus blocks that I also enjoy building with, but why stop there?  I've been doing a bit of research into blocks and other construction toys, and I've been amazed to learn of all types of blocks that I never new existed.  Many of them are no longer manufactured of course, but that doesn't stop me from incorporating them, or some variation on them, into my game.

In a future post I plan to share some of my new block discoveries, and take a bit of a trip down memory lane by posting some images of old block sets and construction toys that I have owned growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment